Locating Unit: Research


Self Initiated Brief:

My intention for my self initiated brief is to create an interior collection of some kind which are influenced by the use of filters on social media and the logos, motifs that are used and seen throughout the medias. I will show these by layering the materials I chose to use, using rusty, shiny materials with the base of sublimation prints and embroidery. My plan is to have simple sublimation prints then layer the details on top in order to represent a simple, unedited picture to an edited 'glamourised' picture.

Ideas and feedback from the first meeting:
  • John Galliano 2017/18
  • Maison Margielas 'No Photos Please'
  • Fake and Reality
  • H&M: Woven Collection- Jeans: Live brief
  • Social Media- fake/real filters
  • Photoshop
  • Layering- makeup/coverage
Live Brief:

For the live brief I am going to design for an interior, I'll use the geometric shapes from modern buildings and the geometric shapes from the inside interior. I will consider making designs for a pillow collection, curtain collection or 3D wall art collection.

Ideas and feedback from the first meeting:
  • Modern architecture shapes
  • Architect- Richard Rogers and Charles Jencks
  • Structured, graphic shapes
  • modern furniture shapes 

Comments

Popular Posts