Floral Geometry Unit Week 6 Group Tutorial

After having an off week the previous week; this week has been much more productive and I feel like I'm back on track. I did more sublimation printing on synthetic fabrics I'd previously used like polyester micro-fibre fleece, polyester lining and a new fabric called polyester koshibo in cream. Printing onto the polyester koshibo fabric produced my favourite prints so far; I'd used a thick and sheer fabric and this was the in between thickness of them so worked well when tearing and shredding the fabric to get different textures which represent the decaying process of flowers. I wove with the sublimation prints, experimenting with them cut straight and neat then teared and woven. My favourite was the teared and woven sublimation print with sheer fabric because the images were blooming flowers then the shredding off the fabric shows the deterioration of the flowers. I now want to try them on a larger scale, possibly weave with them using the clean cut edges against the teared strips of fabric then using the hair pinning technique on top of the weaves which I learnt in an embroidery workshop this week.









Comments

Popular Posts