Key/Significant Images


I took this photograph on Oxford Street in London. I liked how the sky was blue then gradually turns to grey/white into a peach colour as well as mixing with the gold and silver Christmas lights. The darkness off the building empathised the red and yellow lights throughout the street which has given me inspiration for a colour palette for my weaves in the Sampling unit.



This picture was taken on the streets of London. The reflection of the sky and trees through the glass building has given me ideas of unfocused images from a focused image. I also chose to take this photo because of the silhouettes of the trees; I think they produce amazing shapes due to concentrating on the outline rather than the detail of the tree.



I chose this photo from the Tate as a significant image because for one; this was my favourite piece in the gallery but I liked how it also captured the image of two other pieces of art through this one piece; they are all cubed, squared pieces but produced in completely different ways and with different materials.



This photo of an arch was above the doorway of the Natural History Museum and captured my attention due to the repetitiveness of the curve, but also the patterns that are on them. These have definitely given me inspiration for possible weaves in this project.



These next two images are very similar images, they were took in near enough the same place but on different days. On the second day I took the first photo and the sky was filled with fog so gave an unclear photograph. The second one was on the third day and was took with a clear sky. These are the images which gave me the idea of a focused and unfocused aspect for ordered opposites.


(All photos in this post were taken by me)

Comments

Popular Posts